Ashwin's clears "Yo-Yo" Endurance Test at Chepauk - E-News Tab

Breaking

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Ashwin's clears "Yo-Yo" Endurance Test at Chepauk

Chennai: It was tea time on day one of the Tamil Nadu-Andra Ranji Trophy Match. A visible learner and fitter R Ashwin, who had got out soon after lunch, was out on the park in the yellow tees of Tamil Nadu. The 31-year old ace offie decided to sweat it out. Not by bowling, but by fielding.



For those fifteen minutes, Ashwin was tondind aroud the park , holding on to balls that were it over his head, sliding to his right frequently as if his team had to defend four runs off one ball. He seemed a determined man.
Turn to stumps on day three. A group of scribes were all awaiting  Ashwin's arrival for an interaction. Ashwin, probably with a mobile in his pocket, got straight into ground. It appeared as if her was preparing himself for the most talked about "Yo-Yo" Test.

He was running at straight lines at pace. Touch down, turn back and stop. Take a breater. Ashwin himself was counting the pause seconds with a click of his fingers. Repeat again. After a few laps, with sweat pouring down, Ashwin headed for the interaction.

"You look fit"? Ashwin was asked. "I started understanding a lot more about myself - how much I need to load myself in terms of workload during Worcestershire stint. I had to do everything on my own - drive down to the ground, train myself, put the weights and coins on place and I thoroughly enjoyed it. For me, it;s about trying to get to the best rhythm possible and if I get an opportunity I am raring to go, "Ashwin said.

What's your take on the Yo Yo test?" was the next query. Ashwin, with a smile, said that he was a man for the systems and any system put in place I would strive my level best to try and match up to it. Every leader has his own vision how to bring the team about and this isa the vision of the current leadership group then it's important to respect it. IF I was leader then, I would except my teammates to respect it. I have been in great conditioning ever since I missed the IPL. I have trained madly and I am completely compliance with it," he added.

Two days, later on wednesday, Ashwin tweeted that the Yo-Yo test have been "Done and Dusted".

"Been a good trip to Bangalore, yo yo test done and dusted. Now #backtothegrind #RanjiTrophy2017 #teamtamilnadu he tweeted.


No comments:

Post a Comment